Holiday season is here! Children and adults are all excited for this time of year. Some because it means more family time, for others it s because of the change in climate and colors, some folks are pumped for pumpkin everything, and for many it’s all of the above. Holidays also means food for days! Fresh cooking with la familia! Leftovers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is always fun too!
It’s also no secret that many people gain weight over the holidays. If this has happened to you before, don’t worry, you’re not alone. To add even more relief for you, there is a way to prevent this. It takes self-control, discipline, and effort, but you got this!
Implement these tips to have a successful and health conscious holiday season:
- Drink at least 10 cups of water per day. Hydration is important for health and maintaining a good weight.
- Don’t use every day from Halloween to New Year’s as an excuse to eat sweets. That’s an easy way to lose the progress you’ve made.
- Continue to utilize a meal delivery service. If you’re not using one, consider starting.
- Meal prepping is still a powerful tool. It will help keep you on track with your health and fitness goals. If meal delivery isn’t an option, this should be!
- Like I always say, when in doubt… eat PROTEIN! Focus your meals on protein based dishes to help you feel full and keep those gainz 💪.
Most importantly, enjoy your holiday season with your loved ones. Eat yummy food, play fun games, but most importantly, don’t use the holidays as an excuse to over indulge and not take care of yourself. Put yourself first this holiday season!